Follow these 10 tips to help prevent gun theft from happening to you.
- Remove gun maker decals from your car, don’t advertise which guns you possess.
- Never leave your gun in your vehicle overnight.
- Store your gun in a safe and locked place.
- If you have to leave your gun in your vehicle, make sure your gun is properly secured in the trunk, a lockbox or car safe.
- Take a picture of the gun and save it with the serial number and description in your cellphone for quick access.
- Take Your Keys. Nearly 20 percent of all vehicles stolen had the keys in them.
- Lock Your Car. The doors were left unlocked in nearly 50 percent of all crimes involving vehicles.
- Never Hide a Second Set of Keys in Your Car. Extra keys can easily be found if a thief takes time to look.
- Park in Well-lighted Areas. More than half of all vehicle crimes occur at night.
- Park in Attended Lots. Thieves do not like witnesses to their activities.
Source: Republished with permission from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Get On The E3 Offroad Front of Line List Today.
You’ll get special extras no one else will receive.